Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas in Hilton Head and Savannah


For Christmas we headed to Hilton Head, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia! A great time was had by all and we even got to catch up with April, one of my closest girlfriends that I have known since we met as ex-pats living in Japan. Her husband Rob played a round of golf with Brian while she showed us around Savannah on the most gorgeous tour of spanish moss covered trees, famous squares and houses. Special thanks to her mother-in-law Emma who pulled strings to get us into the always-booked Paula Deen's Lady and Sons restaurant! My friends know I am a Food TV Network and Deen addict so this was a real treat!

April and her youngest, Sophia who loved PD's desserts as much as I did!

If you head to Hilton Head we recommend staying in The Sea Pines Resort. We snagged a spot in Harbor Town backing up to the famous 18th hole overlooking the ocean. The staff paid attention to every detail and were so great to work with!

Harbor Town view just steps from our place.
Kade and Teagan wait to come down stairs to see what Santa brought on Christmas morning!
With dolls and life-like kittens hanging about my little rebel immediately gravitated to the flashy car Santa left for cousin Kade!
Kade loves his stocking Ms Cindy made for him when he was a baby! Isn't it beautiful? She spent over 100 hours on this. I bought one to make for Teagan at the end of the season last year and then realized there is a teensy problem with my plan...sans a hasty button reattachment I don't know how to sew!
A sleepy Kade snuggles with Mom before Christmas dinner. Imagine how tired he was after Brian's turkey extraordinaire?
I love this cute head band and jacket that I picked up for Tea at Island Girl in Coligny Plaza. They were having an amazing sale!
Even Hilton Head couldn't escape snow flurries so we headed to a cool indoor playground one day.
The Pumpkin Man returns via a little store set up for the kids!
This incredible tree lined The Greg Russell Playground in Harbor Town and I had to capture a photo of Nana Betty and Grandpa Gerry
I hope all had a wonderful Christmas and are off to a very happy 2011!!! We can't wait to see what new adventures are around the corner!

1 comment:

We'd love to have your comments so post away!