Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tripping into the Third Trimester

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great few days and got up to something fun! We just wrapped up a super busy time here. It was Sanctity of Human Life week so we had a great service at church on Sunday where we heard from amazing families talking about how adoption and foster care has transformed their lives. It totally made this pregnant mommy tear up I tell you!
Also, I hit the third trimester this week, hurrah!!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 28 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Kelly is the size of a Chinese cabbage
Gender: We are waiting for the surprise
Movement: He/she has become super active especially in the afternoon and at night
Sleep: I'm getting bits here and there!
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach and a good cuppa Kona coffee!
Cravings: I've lost my appetite at night especially and am eating more small cups of granola for dinner (usually in the wee hours after everyone has gone to sleep)! I think maybe my stomach is running out of room! With Teagan I only gained 15lbs and hope this will be the case with the new baby.
Symptoms: Much more nausea

Best Moment this Week: Everytime I feel the baby move I get so excited that we will have a new addition to our family in just a few months!

In addition to this excitement I had so much fun helping our local Christian radio station with the "Largest Baby Shower" where we took in tons of diapers, wipes, clothes and more in donations going to area crisis pregnancy centers. I have to take a moment to give a shout out to Chick-fil-A. Kudos to this incredible company! Not only do they offer hand sanitizer packs for little, busy hands, plastic table mats for toddlers to eat from when a plate just can't and won't stay on the table, have mom's helpers to get high chairs and refills for you, but also fresh flowers on the tables ...and get this, employees who aren't snarky at all and instead seem genuinely happy to be there! These traits make it my first choice when eating on the run. But in addition to all of this they have a great, big heart for helping our communities. At Christmas they hosted our Samaritan's Purse table collecting boxes for Operation Christmas Child and this week they allowed our station and crisis centers to accept donations for newborns and their families. Awesome job, Chick-fil-A and keep it up!!!

On Friday we had a Soup Swap night at our house where a few friends came over for a bowl of our potato and leek soup, cheese, breads and fruit tart. At the end of the night we swapped soups to freeze or have for later! It was great fun and I can't wait to try everyone's delicious soups! These women can cook! But I was so distracted by all the fun that I took not.one.single.picture. Bummer!

Saturday I had a girl's night out where I went to the cutest French bistro and had the best time catching up with some friends that I haven't seen in a long time. These are girls that Melissa and I have known since our college days in Texas and since we moved here over four years ago. They are super special women to me. They were getting together to as an intro for some newbies going on the big girl's weekend trip in April where they will run a 10k. I ran with them last year and am so sad to miss out on the fun...but baby Kelly will be due in mere days and I don't want to risk being too far away from Brian and home. I can't wait to see their pictures...especially Brianne and Jen's who have vowed to walk at a leisurely pace capturing all the firemen and those dressed in funny costumes!

I'm off to another busy few days and promise to capture more pictures for the next post- not of me, mind you. I feel huge and it is getting harder to find a decent angle...:)! Until then my friends...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love that picture and enjoyed an insight to your busy life helping others. Teagan will be a giver, too! Prayers for this precious baby.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!