Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas, Dad

Dad, I've been thinking about you so much this holiday season, our first since you passed away at the end of July. Mom said there is no perfect time to say goodbye to a parent. It's true. There are so many things I want to tell you, so many stories I have heard for the first time since your passing. Sometimes I think you are looking down on us from Heaven. I hope you are proud and watching over my babies.




We have a tradition where we give little Kade a nutcracker each year. We try to pick one out that matches what he's been up to that year. For example, one year he was an old-fashioned golfer ala Payne Stewart so he got a nutcracker that matched. This year as he headed off to Texas to celebrate Christmas we got him this cute cowboy. I was chuffed when I got him home to find out that his name is "Bill" another reminder of you this holiday.

Shirley sent me this sweet poem that I read in a quiet moment this Christmas morning and then again to Brian. I want to share it today for others like my friends Aldyn, Amy, Shanna, Blair, Jackie, Erin, Adam and sweet Mary who may be missing loved ones this season.

This poem was written by a 13 year old boy who died of a brain tumor that he had battled for four years. He died on December 14, 1997. He gave this to his mom before he died. His name was Ben.

My First Christmas in Heaven
I see the countless
Christmas trees
around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
reflecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you,
the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description,
to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones,
You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift,
from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory
of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious
than pure gold.
was always most important
the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
my Father said to do.
I can't count the blessing or love
has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and
Wipe away that tear
Remember, I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year

I miss you Dad. I love you. And I am so thankful you are with our Lord and Savior. Merry Christmas Your Daughter, Michelle

1 comment:

  1. This was beautiful! I came over to say hi after seeing your name on Brown Paper pckgs giveaway! ( I am addicted to pinterest & hop over there when surfing the site and pinning all sorts of goodies:-) I noticed your name because my sweet niece in Texas is named Isla and I never see that name! She is named after the Isle of Isla in Scotland where she was born! Have a wonderful Happy New Year day today!
    blessings,
    Kijsa

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!