Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Boy and His Cars


Last weekend we celebrated my nephew Kade's 5th birthday! He had an awesome time with his buddies from school and chose a Cars theme! The location was so much fun with a room dedicated to about ten huge bouncy castles. Next, we moved to an arcade where the kids got pre-loaded cards they could use to play games or for mini bowling. We wrapped up with a cake and pizza party. I was still not feeling great so I just got a few pictures but we had such a great time celebrating our little guy! It is hard to believe he is off to kindergarten this fall!

We love you five year old boy!


He was sooooo proud of this cake!



Poor Sport. The dog wasn't prepared for a rowdy group of boys! He even lost his dog tag in the process. I am pretty sure he is calling in for reinforcements here.


This is the stuff happy birthdays are made of, great job Mommy Melissa!!


Last week I made this cute frame for Paddy's Day from another $1 wooden frame from Michael's featuring little Kade! I love this picture of him. I hope to be finished with the girl's frames this weekend so I can reveal my mantel. I am loving my burlap and green moss together this season!

I got to catch up with Krissy and Shanna at our book club night this week! It was fun seeing all the girls. This is a great group of about fifteen women...and they actually read and have great discussion around the books!I mention this because I've been in groups where we just loved talking so much that the books kinda became an afterthought. They were awesome groups too but I am excited about being a little more accountable for actually reading what we choose. I just joined them and look forward to getting to know these girls better. We just finished reading The Girl Who Fell From the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow.



Me with Shanna! We are getting ready for our 10k race later this month. She is rocking it and burning like 1K calories a day. Hello! With two kids. I am barely functiong most days and finding it hard to get excercise in. There are nine girls going on our weekend girls trip for the race, many of them from the book club. So I am not ready but really looking forward to it! I think it will be the first time I've ever been away from Isla overnight so that will be hard. I remember with Teagan who was exactly the same age at 11 months old. I traveled to this same race with another group of girlfriends. That was the first time I was away from her too and I called home about ten times a day just missing her and Brian. I know they will be in good hands with Daddy but these times make me so grateful I don't have to travel for work anymore. I do miss my STK team, to be sure. And all the cool European and Asian locations but at the end of the day this is better. So much better. I am so grateful to be a stay-at-home mom! 

Speaking of, little Isla just wants Mommy to hold her today so I am wrapping this up with one-handed typing! She's had a 101.2 temperature sand was up most of the night.

Hope all are having a great day! Tell me, what great books have you read lately?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO proud of you too Michelle for all of your hardwork during this race! I can not wait to share this experience with you. It will be my first time away from Brecken as well. Loved the pictures from Kade's birthday! Beautiful boy!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!