Friday, May 24, 2013

Her Hands 2013



Hello friends! I have been away from writing and my blog too long. What a tough year. Just trying to let God's soft, still voice give me courage to let His words flow while I sit at my desk once more.  

In the meantime, have you ever had a week you wish came with a big "Do Over" button? Yep. I'm there. But I realized something in the midst of regret, my tears, fears, and a troubled, even grieving heart...not for the first time in my life had I made choices based on the will of MY heart, not allowing God's word to light my path. To give me wisdom. To soften my heart. To consider. I can't change the events of this week and that make me weep. A crack has been formed where I want peace, unity, love and perfect bliss. But I can begin fresh. Thank you Jesus for a new day and a chance to start again. 


In very happy, exciting news I've recently rolled out a brand new blog focusing on my writing. It is called Confessions From the Back Pew and can be found at http://michelleaxtonkelly.com/

Confessions From the Back Pew is still a work in progress and I intend to include more content and consistent writing in the upcoming weeks. I pray you will join me there in building a new, dynamic community! 

In the meantime, I want to share an event called Her Hands. This was a desire God placed in my heart shortly before Mother's Day and I am grateful for it! 

Honor her for all that her hands have done...
Proverbs 31:31




Have you caught the Pinterest bug? In honor of Mother's Day and in the spirit of Proverbs 31:31 we set out to make 28 gorgeous but easy-peasy Memorial Day & July 4th themed wreaths. These would go on the guest doors of our new Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte. 



The house is just two years old and beautiful! It provides every comfort and a home-away-from-home for families so they can be together while their critically ill child is receiving treatment. The house provides this at little or no cost to the families. 





For me this event offered the best way to soothe my heart while honoring my mother, Maureen Fowler. She passed away just a few short weeks after Mother's Day last year. I miss her incredibly. Life has changed so much since she left us. I am grateful she is in heaven but saying goodbye has been harder than I ever imagined. 

Little Mo was God's Daughter and left a legacy of serving and loving others in Jesus' name, despite the physical limitations of her body, particularly her hands. Brian and I donated the supplies for the wreaths and several faith based sponsors around Charlotte stepped up to provide fabulous door prizes for the moms who donated their time to create these over the holiday weekend. 

Thank you to our 2013 Her Hands Sponsors!!

31 Gifts (Amy Douglas)
Daphne's Bakery
Harmony Salon Blakeney
Home Style Galleries
Michael's Craft Store Stonecrest
New Life 91.9
Proverbs 31 Ministries & She Speaks Authors
Scentsy (Shanna Nelson)








I had super special delivery help! 


The girls and I took a tour of the house. We talked about how helpful it is for families with sick children. This really hit home I think because we still pray daily for Lorelai, Troy and Lucas that we met in the children's hospital in January. Please continue to keep them in your prayers. Lorelai and Troy are in the midst of difficult treatment for leukemia. We pray we'll be able to get together with them for a playdate soon!

Little ones are up so more exciting news to share soon!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to have your comments so post away!